All of you can probably remember when the Christmas holiday season was approaching and clementines were appearing more and more in our shops. And we know why - because people love them! So there was no surprise that clementines became the fruit of the month for December for Fruit 4 London.
Did you know, that when you eat a clementine, you do not have to feel bad?
Apparently, clementines have only 35 calories per fruit and they are also fat free. So why is it that the clementines are sweeter than oranges and low in sugar but we love them so much?
It doesn’t matter whether you are a kid or an adult, there is always this feeling when peeling the clementine skin. It CANNOT rip apart!
Another amazing thing to do with our clementines is to make a cake so here is a recipe and you can make one!
To prepare this recipe you’ll need the following:
✓ 3 medium clementines
✓ 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
✓ 3⁄4 cup melted butter
✓ 3 eggs
✓ 2 cups of flour
✓ 2 teaspoons baking powder
✓ 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the icing:
✓ 2 teaspoons clementine zest
✓ 2 tablespoons clementine juice
✓ tablespoons softened butter
✓ 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
How To Put Together:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°C.
2. Cut the clementines into quarters, put them unpeeled into a food process together with sugar and let it process until smooth.
3. Add butter, eggs, flour, baking powder and process until combined and smooth.
4. When it’s smooth, put it into a cake pan.
5. Bake approximately 50 minutes, until golden. Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and leave on the rack until cold.
1. Grate the zest and squeeze juice from the clementine.
2. Measure 2 teaspoons of the zest and 2 tablespoons of the juice into a bowl, add butter and icing sugar.
3. Mix until smooth and pour over the cake.
Fruit4London provide fruit delivery services across London. We buy only seasonal fruit and delivery it fresh every day. If you see one of our electric vans on the road, why not come and say hi!